As a student, part of your course at the university or college will include a literature review. There are many essay topics that you could choose to work on. However, the 1984 essay topics are popular among university peers.
1984 is a novel by the famous George Orwell. The book captures the occurrences of a dystopian society that was ruled by a single party. However, the party does not seek to serve people, but it is power-thirsty. The novel has many themes and ideas that would be perfect for you to choose a literature essay topic from.
Great 1984 Essay Topics
However, this doesn’t make the overall process any easier. In fact, choosing the right topic can be a challenging and daunting process as there are many essay topics to choose from. So, it is normal to be unsure about what to write about
Luckily, the following article comprises of examples of topics, based from the 1984 novel. We believe that the topics and 1984 essay questions below will make the process reasonably easy. The best part is that all of the topics below are free.
Keep in mind that when writing such 1984 essay topics, one should be adamant on choosing interesting ideas to make your theme proposals successful.
- An in-depth analysis of the novel 1984 by George Orwell
- A literature review on the main themes as demonstrated by George Orwell in the book 1984.
- Men and women in society: A review of the roles of both genders in the novel 1984
- Intimacy and morality: Explain these themes as portrayed by the author in the novel 1984
- Does age have a role to play in intimacy and sex? Support your answers with references from 1984 as depicted by George Orwell.
- The Impact of technology in the development of society; Support your answers with references and findings from George Orwell’s book 1984
- Today’s leaders are fueled by power and not service to the people. Explain the relevance of this book to the novel 1984
- Examine the relationship between power and politics as depicted in the book 1984
- The role technology played in the portrayal of the characters in 1984
- Discuss the relevance of characters in the book 1984 in today’s society
- An in-depth analysis of the dystopian society as depicted in the book 1984
- Totalitarian leadership; Discuss various leadership styles brought out in 1984
- Poverty and segregation: Analyze the role of poverty in uniting (or dividing) the people in achieving a common goal
- What is propaganda? Discuss instances of propaganda as depicted in the book 1984
- Political loyalty to those in power; A case study of George Orwell’s book 1984.
- Do politicians use their influence and power to control the media; A case study of George Orwell’s book 1984.
- Technology and its influence in politics; Study of George Orwell’s book 1984.
- Discuss the theme of language and antics used by those in power to divide and conquer the people.
- How different are the themes in 1984 compare to Kite Runner?
- The relationship between George Orwell’s 1984 and Karl Marx’s socialism theories
- Draw comparisons and differences between George Orwell’s 1984 society and society today.
- What is big brother? What role does it/he play in surveillance, technology and privacy in today’s society? (Draw references to 1984)
- An in-depth analysis of technology as a medium of political influence in George Orwell’s book 1984.
- Oppression and fear are tools used by power-hungry politicians to oppress the public. Discuss this theme, as illustrated in the book 1984.
- Society cannot survive under the rules in the book 1984. Discuss
- In many ways, the book 1984 shows the leaders of today, such as Donald Trump.
- The book 1984 shows, in many ways, the leadership situation in third world countries. Discuss
- Oceania had a societal hierarchy similar to what is present in our society today. Discuss with references from the book 1984.
- Does the society of 1984 paint a clear picture of the modern-day society?
- Communism vs capitalism; discuss a case for or against these ideologies basing your answers from the novel 1984.