After the Internet bubble of the 90s and early 2000s, social networking sites, more commonly referred to as social media, came to existence. Well, as fate would have it, no age group is well versed with social media than millennials and generation z, who all happen to be students in colleges and universities. As a result, it is common to find students choosing such ideas to base their essays and assignments on.
Social media essay topics are fun and interesting because of its trendy influence across the world. This doesn’t make it any easier when it comes to choosing a social media topic to write. In fact, students sometimes find it challenging to work with such an idea for their essay assignments. Luckily we’ve put together a list of popular essay topics to helps students with this process.
Social Media Essay Topics Ideas
The theme proposal examples include social media, social networking, and the influence of the internet on communication. The following topics, however accessible they may be, will distinguish your proposals from others. The best part about all of the topics below is that they are absolutely original and free.
So, if you are struggling with what to write about, the following ideas will help you figure that out.
- The influence of social networking sites and applications on modern society
- Twitter vs. Facebook; Social media sites for breaking news and political campaigns
- The use of networking sites such as LinkedIn in professional careers
- Social media; The mobile addiction of the 21st century
- The world has changed for the better since the inception of social media
- An in-depth analysis of the influence of social networking sites on society today
- The pros and cons of prolonged social media use in society today
- The pros and cons of prolonged social media usage on our brains
- The pros and cons of prolonged social media usage on humans today
- Social media has negatively influenced how we communicate, interact, and relate to others today.
- How has social media changed the way news is delivered to the public?
- Political Campaigns; Social media is a tool for politicians to use.
- Power-hungry politicians use social media to oppress and intimidate the people
- Social media and the misinformation of news to the public
- Has our privacy been negatively influenced by social networking sites?
- Social media and its contribution to the increase of cyberbullying and cyber terrorism
- Personal Reflection; Is social media doing more harm than good?
- The transformation of businesses as a result of social networking
- Personal reflection; How I use Facebook and Twitter to express my opinions
- Brand Ambassadors; How social networking has influenced marketing and brand awareness
- The rise of blogs as social media channels for personalized public opinions
- Is social media compromising our ability to relate with one another?
- A case study to determine the effects of prolonged social media usage in teens
- Is the old guard in media companies slowly being phased out by digital media in smartphones and social media?
- How social media has contributed to learning after the global outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic
- Social media as a media tool for marketing
- The rise of online sports brands; Social media as a medium for sports and fitness
- Cyberattacks is a result of prolonged social media use
- Should we regulate the amount of social media our children use?
- Parents are responsible for controlling the use of social media in children
- Social media and its influence on self-esteem and self-worth
- Making a living on social media
- Dropshipping and other business and marketing trends that are influenced by social networking sites.
- The influence of social media on psychology
- How professionals are using social media avenues to expand their careers
- Education has suffered at the hands of social media
- Social media; A social addiction or an expression of the right to speech?
- How social media has influenced relationships between friends and families
- Sharing on social media; Do we need to revisit the right to speech?
- The rise of e-commerce businesses relying on social media
- Celebrities and their influence on social media