Political science essay papers are academic papers that test a student’s knowledge in the field of political science. So, if you are to get a good grade in this unit, there are a few factors that you should consider first.
Political science is a unit characterized by a wide scope of information. As a result, it is imperative that a student has access to a range of reading material, be it online or traditional reading books found in a library. Doing this will make it easy for you to cite references. Additionally, having abundant sources of information makes it easy for you to complete the essay before the due date.
Thirdly, when choosing a political essay topic, a student should only consider those topics that are fun, interesting, and easily relatable. However, with a lot of topics available online, choosing the right topic can be a little difficult. Luckily, the article below will help you fight the right topic ideas for your essay.
List of Political Science Essay Topics
The following is a long list of political science topics for students to choose from. The best part about this is that the information below is free.
- Iraq Invasion: Was the 2003 US invasion of the middle east a justifiable cause?
- Explain in detail the modern political trends characterizing the 20th century
- A brief analysis of the political climate in sates across America
- An ethics approach to comparisons between political parties
- Briefly analyze the foreign policies of both the United Kingdom and The United States
- Political ideologies: Socialism and Capitalism
- Democracy vs Communism; A brief evaluation of the political ideologies that shaped the world
- Are first world countries crippling the third world countries by giving them loans?
- Discuss the structure of the IMF (International Monetary Fund)
- Give in detail a historical timeline the relationship between the middle east and the United States
- Is our government size too big? A brief analysis of the structure of the American Government
- A case for (or against) presupposition
- Trump or Biden: Who has the stronger political campaign for the presidential elections in 2020?
- A case for (or against) the movement; Black Lives Matter
- Is the United States justified to withdraw from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty?
- Are demonstrations and protests effective in communicating a political message?
- Briefly explain the causes of the American Revolution
- Karl Marx: The German philosopher and his beliefs
- The 2017 Presidential Elections; Did the United States observe election ethics in the election of Donald Trump?
- A case for (or against) socialism as a political ideology
- Did the corona virus pandemic expose the weaknesses or strengths of capitalism?
- What are the societal risks involved with Neopatrimonialism?
- An in depth analysis of election ethics in the United States
- A case for or against the justification of liberal democratic acts
- A brief review of the shortcomings of the George W. Bush Administration
- A case for (or against) governance using authoritarianism
- Political Ideologies influencing the economy; A brief analysis of capitalism in our economy.
- A timeline of the changes made to foreign policies in the United States from 1900 to 2000
- Somalia vs The United States; A comparison between the two countries ‘economic and political scene.
- The role of the United Kingdom’s Prime Minister in the development of foreign policies
- Shortcoming of the current constitution
- The role of congress and the president in the application of the constitution
- A breach in the rule of law in American politics
- Why are do African countries struggle in implementing the rule of law in prosecuting corrupt leaders?
- A brief review of the human rights act of 1998
- Describe the gender bias when it comes to court battles over the custody of a child.
- Do you believe in the pardoning of criminals?
- How can Africa get rid of corruption once and for all?
- Religion and the role it plays in defining social power.
- Describe Aristotle’s take on the application of governance to the people
- Is America slowly falling into an anarchy after the violent protests fueled by racial inequality?