Economics is a social science focused on addressing production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services. It is further subdivided into two branches the Macro and Micro Economics. Microeconomics is the study on how individual consumers and companies make decisions. On the other hand, Macroeconomics focuses on general economics from National to International level. It deals with issues such as foreign trade, government fiscal, unemployment rate, and interest rates.
Economic Debate Topics Ideas
It is no doubt whatsoever that economics influences our life decisions significantly. Therefore, as a student, you should not overthink how to choose a topic title for your debate topics. Regardless, a time the process of deciding may be tedious, and we are happy to help. There is numerous theme proposal example best suited for what you can write about. Interestingly, below are samples from where you can choose the Economic debate topic. Though the ideas may be popular, this selection compromise of unique issues and opinions that you can rely on guiding you through your assignment.
- The catastrophic effect of Brexit costing $100 million worth of loss. Was it worth the risk?
- Housing in America: It is estimated that 11 million Americans spend half their salaries paying rent. How can this be mitigated?
- Three decades of economic guidelines weaken from generation Y’s financial potential: Do millennials have the chance to be financially free like their parents?
- Tragedy strikes as 300 people demise in supermarket fire: should business owners cover the families of the victims who scammed to the fire?
- It is estimated that 62% of American citizens do not even have $1000 in savings. What is the implication of this to the Economy?
- The next Economic bubble: A billionaire from China gives dire caution that his country’s real estate collapse will be detrimental to the World’s Economy? How true is this? Is the world prepared for this kind of catastrophe?
- Who should be responsible for a negative rating in any given site: A point of contention as recently a court gave a verdict that indicated that Yelp is not liable for poor rating stars on its website.
- Is it ethical for pharmaceutical companies to care for profits than people? It is proven by the over pricing of commodities such as acne cream now costing $10000 a tube.
- Currently, there is a surplus of expensive houses in the market: Does this mean there is a housing bubble on the horizon?
- Did you know that a large percentage of Dutch people speak English more than Canadians? Statistics prove that 90% of Dutch people speak English? Does this mean we better our trade deal with Holland?
- Housing Crush: It is reported a housing official in Silicon Valley has quit the job as a result of not being able to afford living there. Is this an indication of an imminent crash?
- Scottish Independence: A new bill was published. What is the implication of this in the Scottish Economy?
- Not long ago, Obama hiked the taxes. Surprisingly, studies indicate that it never hurt the American Economy. Is this supply-side economics? The ‘Vodoo economics’ as once told by George H.W Bush.
- The report suggests that the TPP will be biased towards workers. What are the implications of Free Trade?
- Spaniard Café shops will charge more to unkind customers: How will this affect customer behaviour towards this concept?
- There is a less in interest for San Francisco’s high-rise properties: Is this an indication of the greed among the home builders?
- Research conducted by U.S FDA indicates that 90% of drug prescription over the counter is safe for use 15 years after expiration: Does this mean expiration date is a way for pharmaceutical companies to increase more sales and profit?
- The Middle East: After the human rights violation committed by ISIS, are Americans willing to deploy more boots to the ground once more?
- A debatable topic of whether to pay the student the same as the Apprentice during their Education period.
- The working for Amazon drivers has been questionable: It is illegal to operate during certain hours: Do they have the right to continue?