Argumentative essays are academic writings that require students to create and articulate a concise position on their research topic. The argumentative position is supported using research to support the perspective of the writer to convince the audience to share the view of the author.
To write a good argumentative essay, you must familiarize yourself with some common and conflicting positions on your research topic. This allows you to write an informed paper. You must compile relevant evidence that may include expert opinions, statistics, and verifiable facts.
Argumentative essays require three skills from students and they are research skills, analysis, and reading and writing. However, some students have issues with coming up with good argumentative essay topics for college despite having several theme proposal examples.
Why Argumentative Essay Topic Matters
The topic is a crucial part of your essay and if you don’t know what to write about, you are not alone. several students have similar experiences. You can find interesting argumentative essay topics for college students online.
Scroll below to see the best argumentative essay topics for college students. You will surely find the best ideas and the most popular ideas that you can tweak to form a unique topic.
A List Of Argumentative Essay Topics
- Are people the cause of the universal climatic change?
- Is capital punishment a success?
- Is our ballot system equitable?
- Is abuse ever admissible?
- Do men deserve fatherhood absence from work?
- Are school uniforms important?
- Is our tax system equitable?
- Do house restrains keep teenagers from problems?
- Is dishonesty uncontrollable?
- Are we over-reliant on computers?
- Should beasts be used for experimentation?
- Should cigarette smoking be prohibited?
- Are mobile phones harmful?
- Do legal CCTVs violate personal space?
- Is society comprised of people who do not take issues seriously?
- What is the status of ignorance this year as compared to previous years?
- Is it right for companies to advertise to youngsters?
- Should the authority control what we eat?
- Do contraceptives avert teenage pregnancy?
- Should members of Congress have maximum serving tenures?
- Do artists get paid more than they deserve?
- Do CEOs get paid more than they deserve?
- Should sportspeople be expected to act in a noble manner?
- Do rough computer games lead to bad conduct?
- Should innovation be encouraged in government schools?
- Are beauty scenes manipulative?
- Is it right to make English the formal language in the US?
- Is it right to enforce the use of renewable energy for the racing industry?
- Ought the liquor taking age be raised or reduced?
- Is it right to demand everyone to reuse?
- What needs to be altered on the existing taxation process?
- Did Shakespeare exist?
- Our project managers and CEOs paid more than they deserve?
- Is college entrance becoming harder to attain?
- Are grades the best measure of someone’s skills?
- Defense forces and the place of gender
- Why are sinisterly guitar players more talented?
- Do all beliefs deserve to exist?
- What are the reasons for the high number of teen mothers?
- What happens when we pass away?
- Is it ethical to tell half-truths to somebody if the truth may make them feel bad
- Is it right to allow whoredom as a formal profession?
- Should substance abuse be permitted by the law?
- Should trapping be regarded as brutality to beasts?
- What was the genesis of the Indo-Pak Wars, ensuring the dismantling of British India?
- Do you think the rebuild of the American South after the American Civil War was achieved or failed?
- Site reasons that made Prussia manage to unite Germany into one country?
- What were the outcomes of the development of the cotton processing machine on American Agriculture?
- Is it right to seclude individuals with sexually acquired infections like HIV/AIDS through compulsion?
- Is substance abuse dependency an illness?
- Should soldiers have the right to sue military practitioners for negligence?
- How is the present social state influencing human being’s well-being?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of classical education?
- Site the similarities and the differences in learning methods of the 19th and 20th centuries.
- State ways through which parents can contribute to learning in the classroom?
- Is it right for tutors to befriend the scholars?