The argumentative essay is a type of composition that entails investigating a topic. You generate and collect, and assess evidence as well as establish a stand on the matter in a transparent manner. When it comes to discussing American history, you are looking at presenting an essay that helps to understand the diverse culture and how complicated history is.
When tasked to write an essay about American history, you will need to conduct research, make arguments, and develop connections. When choosing a topic, do not limit yourself to the subjects that are popular and easy. It may be challenging to create great ideas on what to write about, attributed to the broad nature of the matter. Some factors to remember when choosing is: brainstorm on existing topics, research on the subject, come up with different thesis in advance, and find reliable sources.
Choose a unique topic that is interesting and inspiring to you. Having an issue that you can relate to inspires you, and the same inspiration will be on your audience. Narrow down your topic to a specific and narrow point. These ensure that the subject for discussion is manageable. You can come up with your best argumentative American history essay topic ideas when you have a single focus and present your essay in a more detailed way.
The following American history theme proposal examples of argumentative American history essay topics can help you to brainstorm and settle with a topic that works for you. The list is not conclusive and should act as a guide for you.
American History Essay Topics
- The reasons behind the creation of labor unions
- The necessity of the Korean War to the United States of America
- What are the reasons behind the effectiveness of the civil rights movement in the United States of America?
- The reasons behind the killing of Martin Luther King
- Why and How the American Revolution started
- What was the reason behind the American Settlers used the Oregon Trail?
- What were the reasons behind America entering the First World War?
- Who were the pilgrims?
- American revolutionary war and the results it had
- The reasons North America went through British colonization
- What were the differences between the southern and northern colonies?
- The factors that led to the Vietnam war
- What factors led to the Salem Witch trials
- In the constitution what purpose does the first amendment serve
- What was the nature of the conflicts between the colonists and the native Americans?
- What was the cold war?
- The life of the early settlers in America
- What were the implications of the California gold rush?
- Would the United States of America enter the world war two if the Japanese had not attacked Pearl harbor?
- What were the causes that led to the great depression?
- Can the My Lai Massacre put in the category as a military crime
- How significant is the contribution of women in the civil war?
- What was the justification behind the bombing of Hiroshima?
- What was the success of national prohibition?
- Discovering the truth of the mystery of the colony of Roanoke
- Colonies and the roles of women in them
- The part that the United States of America played in the second world war
- The mistake that was the Iraq War
- How did slavery happen in America?
- The mystery behind the death of John F Kennedy
- The discovery of the North American continent
- Ways, the United States, benefitted from the Mexican War
- United States: Rise to superpower
- The influence that the puritans have on American society
- How the San Francisco earthquake affected the city
Ensure that you made a quality argument in your essay but also that you follow the right structure when writing the essay.