For trainers, one of the most interesting things about middle school students is the way they meander from childhood to adulthood. At this point, their way of thinking is still narrow, but every day, they become more critical and start grasping the reality about people and things around them.
To help these learners grow to become more creative and transition smoothly, one of the best methods is asking them to write a unique, funny, or inspiring story with a twist. But we must indicate here that for most learners, getting the right topics for a short story with a twist is a huge challenge. However, there is no need to worry anymore because we are here to help:
What is a Short Story with a Twist?
As the name suggests, this is a short story (slightly longer than a fable but a lot shorter than a novel) that radically changes the direction of the plot at the end. Simply put, the plot flows well from the beginning, but towards the end, it surprisingly changes (twists).
To get short story ideas with a twist, you should closely follow the teachers’ suggestions. Also, you can get short story ideas with a twist examples by being creative, working in teams, and reading popular short stories.
- Write a story of an extraordinary device that can do virtually everything on its own
- Give a story of a fisherman who fishes out a horrific thing unexpectedly
- Narrate a story of a tutor who was able to do superstitious mind reading.
- Write a story of a settlement where all residents have a common very unique potential
- A story of a party that has magically done decor
- Compose a story of a particular Chinese hotel where luck is bound to happen to anyone who gets a cookie with a text in it
- Write of one unlikely morning that everybody wakes up in the upsidedown world
- Write about a household with an automated boss that oversees everything in the house
- Write of a school visit to an animal park and the trip is lengthened when they are all locked up in the zoo for an entire night
- Write about a boy who takes a stroll with his dog then all over sudden the dog goes wild
- Give a story of buddies who are playing a video game and they get entangled in it
- Write of the aliens who are afraid of being attacked by people.
- Write a story of a girl who gets a super sporting capacity one morning
- Write a story of a country that experiences differing extreme weather conditions on a daily basis such that one day it’s burning hot and the next day it’s raining snow
- Story of the discovery of an old wretched ship and the treasures found therein by those who happened to come across it
- A story of very important information shared on the radio that can only be understood by toddlers
- Site a character in your story who awakes from the dead and becomes the main character altogether
- The confederate has never been a friend
- The mad man’s suggestion was correct
- They had been united all through
- It was all faked up
- They didn’t know that they had been dealing with the wrong person all this while
- No one knew that the two individuals were relatives
- They hadn’t known that the protagonist was the one behind all the wickedness that was happening
- The feigned confederate had plotted the whole mess
- Split personality disease
- They had never realized that he had passed on
- He was still alive
- The computer world
- The context is contradictory
- An illogical chronology