Sports provide a means for us to remain physically fit, get new skills, and improve our mental state. It has aided social interaction, and for a majority, it is a form of entertainment. Sports Argumentative Essay Topics imply to subjects that try to implore and support specific positions concerning sports in writing. It comprises all aspects revolving around sports and can be the social, economic, or political aspects of different sports.
With sports constituting one of the most interesting leisure sectors, sports contribute enormously to a student’s welfare both physically and through essay writing. The school curriculum has incorporated popular sports as part of the co-curricular program. Sports help students stay mentally alert and physically fit. They also have helped learners get scholarships for their studies.
With this exponential growth in the industry, a lot of controversial issues arise. Some of these include how sporting activities run and what to consider as a sport, among others.
These controversies have led to a range of contentious arguments. Sport is part of the school’s extra-curriculum program. That means that writing about sports argumentative essay topics is quite fair. Due to the range of sports around the world, students find it hard to decide what to write about. The decision is easy for the sports enthusiast.
Sport argumentative essay topic ideas are many. But picking from the range of ideas is a bit difficult. The best topic ideas for a student depends on their interest. Here are theme proposal examples to choose from.
- Steroid usage should lead to expulsion from professional sports
- Cheerleading as a sport
- Stereotypes that College athletes are witless
- Money used in college games is too much
- Cheerleading: is it a sport?
- Marching band: is it a sport?
- Creating a sports culture in schools
- Health problems related to the energy drinks taken by student-athletes
- Student-Athletes should receive allowances for participating in sports
- Cheerleading: why it should be part of the Olympics.
- Allowing fights in hockey
- Dangers of football to players
- Baseball has lost its popularity over the years
- Selling sports teams’ naming rights: where do we draw the line?
- Rules determining how coaches treat the players aren’t strict enough
- Athletes who use steroids should give up their trophies
- Sports betting legalized everywhere
- Home-schooled children should also be able to play school sports in public
- Most of the money made by athletes go to their sponsors and selected owners
- Video games: are they sports?
- Should there be a ban on violent sports such as boxing?
- Should women participate in powerlifting?
- Colleges should support wellness programs more than sports
- College footballers should receive allowances
- Parents should not allow their children to play football
- Being Gay in sports attracts more attention from fans and media
- Using Native American mascots and names by sports teams is offensive
- Tobacco and alcohol advertisement should not show during sports events
Sports help in maintaining physical fitness and mental well-being. Everyone needs to participate in sports activities, even just for leisure. It contributes more than just improving the body in terms of physical health. Sports are a significant contributor to the economies of many countries. Sports have also brought about many arguments between people. These arguments are good topics to base your essays on.