Without a doubt, Romeo and Juliet is one if not the best title in literature. Because of how popular it is, many students, at some point, have had to write an academic paper on it. However, it is not easy to derive useful and interesting ideas from the play. Many students, when tasked to write about Romeo and Juliet they only write about the tragedy. But to write an excellent essay, more work and research need to happen to write your best work.
Once tasked to write on Romeo and Juliet. It would be best if you found what to write about among the many themes you can see in the play, due to the many Romeo and Juliet essay topics represented in the book.
It is quite a challenge narrowing it down to some good Romeo and Juliet essay topic ideas. Your essay needs to deep with intriguing and thought-provoking themes presented in a well-articulated manner. Before you decide on a topic, understand the assignment that you have. What kind of essay needs writing? Is it a literary analysis, argument essay, or a character analysis? It may even be another type of essay. Take note of the difference. It will ensure you pick the right topic. When you know what kind of essay you are writing, you will have an easier time choosing the perfect theme.
If you are out of ideas on what topic to choose, here are some theme proposal examples that will help you think of more ideas on what topic to choose.
- Who bears the responsibility of the death of Romeo and Juliet?
- Rivalry and violence in William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet
- The blame belongs to Romeo in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet
- In Romeo and Juliet, what is the dramatic purpose of Frair Laurence
- Foreshadowing as used in the play
- Can Romeo and Juliet’s love be perfect considering the length of their relations
- What is the significance of Queen Mab’s speech?
- Who is the antagonist in the story?
- What is the social and historical context of the book?
- What are the similarities between the Hindu film Majnu and Laila with Romeo and Juliet?
- What is the relationship between Tybalt and Mercutio?
- Discuss the development of characters during the play
- Could Romeo and Juliet a true story
- In comparison with other Shakespeare’s plays, where can you rank is Romeo and Juliet?
- What emotions lead to the actions of Romeo and Juliet, Love, or lust?
- What is the importance of the theme of love in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet?
- Should Romeo and Juliet get taught in high schools
- The lamentable and most excellent tragedy of Romeo and Juliet
- The most interesting role model in the play
- Discuss two heroes and how it affects their decisions, behavior, emotions, etc.
- Is the prince’s punishment for Romeo’s crime appropriate? Why or why not?
- Why should the two lovebirds not get married?
- Is it fate or their naivety as teenagers make them both die?
- Looking at the two, what is the love language used by each person to prove their love for the other?
- In Romeo and Juliet, is there a message about a sacrifice?
- Why is Juliet such a special character in the play?
- Has the popularity of Shakespeare stood against time because of plays that explore interesting ideas like this play?
- Could we avoid the deaths?
- What is the favorite quote from the play? Explain why it is and the meaning
- What makes Mercutio memorable?
Whichever topic you choose to write on the Romeo and Juliet essay, it is all based on the book. To write a great article, familiarize yourself with the material. Knowledge of the book will give you an easier time when choosing topics.