The World Health Organization believes that a healthy person is of the mind and body. Mental health research paper topics explore the psychological aspect of one’s wellbeing. It is normal for people to experience all sorts of emotions. However, should these emotions affect a person’s ability to effectively communicate, work, or build relationships, then a mental evaluation should be performed.
Mental health research paper topics can be complex. But, such topics allow students to investigate the many types of mental disorders that people face. It would be in your best interest to choose topics, popular topics that have been appropriately examined. This will not only guarantee you success in your assignment but also sensitize you on such matters.
List of Mental Health Research Paper Topics
There are many mental health topics. Yet, students often struggle with choosing an appropriate topic for their assignment. Luckily if you are one of those struggling with what to write about, the following essay ideas will be of help to you. Besides, these ideas are interesting and fun. And the best part is that all of them are free. Lastly, when it comes to themes, there are a ton of online sources with more than enough theme proposals.
- Examine the relationship between stress and mental illness in men
- Men are more susceptible to mental illness than women.
- The role of parents in cultivating a healthy mental state in their children
- Is eating disorder considered a form of mental illness? If so, advise on how patients with this disorder can be helped without causing stigma
- A case study of the reaction to mental illness in both men and women
- An examination of factors influencing suicide rates of both men and women across the world.
- A case study of the development of mental illness in women with children.
- A brief evaluation of the effects of prolonged use of antidepressants in both men and women
- A case study of children with bullying tendencies and their mental health
- Mental Illness Evaluation: The main causes of self-harming traits in children and adolescents
- Case study of the influence of violent and graphic video games on the mental and cognitive abilities of teens and young adults
- Phobias and Fears; An evaluation of the mental aspects that go into the characterization of fears and phobias in children and adults.
- The link between anxiety and mental health in adults
- The leading causes behind eating disorders
- Mental disorder treatment: An evaluation of music and forms of art as tools of therapy in helping mentally ill patients.
- More and more cases of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children are gaining traction in today’s world. Describe the probable causes of this mental condition and recommend ways to prevent and treat it
- Soldiers often go to war and experience graphic and terrible scenes not common to the ordinary human. This only leads to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Describe ways in which soldiers can be treated effectively and lead ‘normal’ lives.
- Examine the different roles played by counselors, psychiatrists, and other practitioners in treating mental illness.
- Examine the relationship social media plays in depression and anxiety. Should we move away from social media?
- Evaluate the effects a person experiences when they fail to address their underlying mental illness.
- Exercise and training; Examine the various ways a person can use to overcome depression
- What are the early signs of mental illness in teenagers?
- Panic attacks and anxiety are becoming prevalent with each passing day. Examine the causes of these two forms of mental illness and ways to combat them.
- Are sleep disorders considered forms of mental illness? If so, examine the influence of technology on sleep disorders and recommend possible methods in treating such diseases
- The relationship between sleeping patterns and heart diseases
- Examine the influence of personality disorders on the job industry
- Should people be psychologically evaluated before they can be allowed to purchase or own a gun?
- Is narcissism a form of mental and personality disorder
- Mental disorders; Describe the effect of playing in the NFL on the brain