Technology has evolved, giving way to a range of multi-functional gadgets and office appliances. Divided into applied sciences and engineering, it has faced a lot of criticism and even lots of controversy. Technology makes work easy for us; however, ethical issues surround it, especially applied sciences technology with cloning and genetically engineered organisms being the most controversial.
Technological breakthroughs have resulted in a vast industrial revolution providing people with the best healthcare equipment, accessibility to clean water, internet access all over the world, and easier working environments. Yet, there are lots of popular, controversial technology topics.
It is very interesting how Technology carries both positive and negative effects, some with equal measure. Controversial technology topics ideas come about from people’s contributions by airing their fears or personal experiences. These ideas discussed by organizations responsible for ethical issues help the general public get an overview of how safe the technology ideas are.
Understanding social change and social conflicts in our society are greatly aided by how people view different controversial topics. In every society, there’s a group of people in support of certain technological innovations and another group who oppose innovation. They, thus, make controversies a perfect model of social dispute.
Many authors write about this topic, each with a different perspective and few with a similar train of thoughts. What to write about depends on personal experiences or personal points of view. Here are some common theme proposal examples on the topic.
Controversial Technology Topic Example
- Equalizing Technology accessibility and development in all Countries
- Government involvement when it comes to its people’s diets
- The positive and negative effects of living in a technological world
- Reduced live Communication significantly affected by the use of smartphones
- The foul language on the internet platforms
- Expected changes with the use of digital learning in the field of education
- Technology has turned human beings into zombies
- Ethical issues surrounding genetically engineered children
- The influence of Technology in the Education system
- Effects and research on the cochlear implant
- The future of the internet
- The new ‘green’ technologies concerning engineering and architecture
- The Contribution of Technology usage in changing the world
- Changes in children behavior in the present day compared to the past
- How vast is the world of Technology expected to be twenty years from now?
- Implantation of identity chips under the skin
- The use of Drones in warfare
- What kind of censorship or control should the internet put in place?
- The difference in the era between kids under twelve years of age and college kids
- Dangers associated with cellphones
- General perspective about cloning
- Technologies used by NASA to explore Mars
- Privacy invasion by a law enforcement camera
- Evolution in the alternative forms of energy
- The productivity of human beings with the development of Digital tools
- The influence of Consumerism turning us into a throw-away society
- Cyberbullying and the increased rate of suicide cases
- Having access to condoms might reduce the rate of teen pregnancies
- The extent of negative effects brought about by Technology development
- Benefits of wild animal and human being interaction
- Materialism in our present-day society
Most activities around the world operate and rely on Technology in the present day. More and more people laid off from work and replaced by technological devices. Technology makes work easier and production even higher. In the health sector, machines with better accuracy at diagnosing diseases, have lowered the risk of the diseases getting to a tipping point. Even with all these positive benefits, many innovations have underlying ethical issues. Most of these issues lead to controversies that spike social conflicts because of divided standpoints.